We, as a school are very well aware of the current financial difficulties some of you may be facing as a result of the recent economic downturn and wish to assure you that we constantly seek ways to keep costs to a minimum.
In addition we aim to support any family experiencing difficulties, which we can do in several ways; one being to remind you that your family may qualify for Free School Meals.
Who can receive free school meals?
Children and young people who live in Kirklees who:
- attend full time at a local authority school or sixth form
- are under 19 years of age
- and whose parents or carers receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) is less than £16,190
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
How to apply for free school meals
Request a Free School Meals application form and take it to one of the following offices with proof of your benefit:
- Education Access Reception, Upperhead Row, Huddersfield, HD1 2JL
- The Kirklees Info Point, Civic Centre 1, Huddersfield, HD1 2NF
- The Kirklees Info Point, Dewsbury, Town Hall, Dewsbury, WF12 8DQ
- Batley Cash & Information Office, Batley Town Hall, Market Square, Batley,WF17 2DE
- Cleckheaton Cash & Information Office, Cleckheaton Town Hall, Cleckheaton, BD19 2RH
- Heckmondwike Library, Walkley Lane, Heckmondwike, WF16 0LY
- Marsden Information Point, 20-26 Peel Street, Marsden, Huddersfield, HD7 6BW
- Skelmanthorpe Library and Information Centre, Commercial Road, Skelmanthorpe, HD8 9DA
- Thornhill Lees Information Point, 53 Brewery Lane, Thornhill Lees, WF12 0NB
Alternatively click here to fill in the form online