Shelley College is committed to providing a curriculum that will prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life and meet the aims of the College strapline: 'Valuing people supporting personal best'.
The aims of our curriculum are:
• to enable student progress in all areas, regardless of ability, disability, gender or race
• to develop successful learners who give their personal best and achieve
• to develop confidence in our students so that they are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
• to enable students become responsible citizens who make a positive contributions to college life
• to equip students with 21st century skills needed beyond Shelley College
• to help students to embrace our Commitment to Learning Policy by taking responsibility for their learning
• to encourage students to develop the skills needed for employment
• to offer students the chance to achieve and have high aspirations enabling personal best
• to offer students the opportunity for moral and spiritual reflection in order to promote positive emotional health and confidence.
We offer a curriculum that is personalised, broad and balanced. For further information at both pre and post 16 please click on the available documents on this page.
Curriculum documents can be viewed on the right.
Subject Area documents can be found here.